We work closely with each and every one of our clients to narrowly tailor an estate plan that “checks all of their boxes.” No estate is too big or too small. Our firm will help you transfer your assets to children, spouses, loved ones or charities through a variety of creative planning solutions.
In addition to drafting estate plans, the Team at the Horton Law Group, P.A. provides the following services:
- business incorporation and planning
- asset protection
- tax planning
- deed transfers
- trust funding.
- estate litigation
- guardianship litigation
Top 5 Reasons to have an Estate Plan in Place
- To protect your Assets
- You decide you receives your estate when you are gone
- You can make sure your loved ones are taken care of long after you are gone
- A well drafted estate plan will save thousands of dollars in court fees and litigation fees to determine who gets what after you are gone
- Your estate avoids probate.
The Horton Law Group also represents our clients in a wide variety of probate-related needs. Our probate services include:
- marshalling & safeguarding of assets,
- representation of personal representatives, trustees, fiduciaries and beneficiaries;
- we obtain and coordinate services from forensic accountants, realtors, estate appraisers, general contractors; business succession and a myriad of other experts;
- preparation of estate inventories, accountings and tax returns.
At the Horton Law Group, we understand that you are dealing with the loss of a loved one and that this is likely a very emotional and difficult time for you – we will step up to the plate and hold your hand every step of the way and we will navigate you through the Florida Probate Code effectively so we can distribute your assets according to your wishes and thereafter, we can close your estate in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
The one thing that separates us from most other “transactional” estate planning attorneys is that we are also trial attorneys. We anticipate litigation issues when drafting your drafting your plans and we try to avoid them, so your family does not spend years in court and thousands of dollars litigating your estate. We represent clients throughout the entire state of Florida in cases involving:
- Will and Trust Contests
- Tortious Interference with Estate Expectancy
- Lack of Capacity
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Civil Theft
- Financial Exploitation of an Elderly or Disabled Person
- Trustee Removal
Why Hire the Horton Law Group, P.A?
The principal partner at the Horton Law Group, P.A., Attorney Sommer C. Horton, has been drafting quality estate plans for 20 years. She is also an experienced and aggressive estate litigator. She is highly regarded for her creativeness, strategic judgment and her uncanny ability to deliver persuasive legal arguments in the courtroom. She has a tremendous skill for being an aggressive advocate for her clients, while being one who understands and appreciates how trying litigation can be, thus, she is extremely sensitive to her clients’ needs.
Ms. Horton is passionate about the law and believes in seeking justice for her clients in an ethical and economic manner. Ms. Horton fights for each and every one of her clients – every step of the way. Ms. Horton will spend time with you to make sure you understand the law, understand your rights and she will draft your estate plans for you so that you and your family are protected. In addition, she can assist you with your business planning, estate planning and asset protection needs too.
The Horton Law Group, P.A. is a boutique civil litigation law firm that only takes on a limited number of cases so that personal attention can be given to every client. Make the right call – schedule a free 30-minute consultation with Ms. Horton. You can make an appointment by calling 561-299-0018 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.